Mini Chanel Haul

Wednesday, 11 December 2013


A few weeks ago, as I was meant to be buying gifts for other people, I made a few sound investments for myself. I intended on buying a lipgloss to wear throughout the festive period, something shimmery and luxurious, so naturally I went for Chanel. I then got caught up in the experience and also indulged in one of the creamy Illusion De Ombres eyeshadows. The quality of both is incredible, as you'd naturally expect from Chanel. The packaging is luxurious and classy, again something that is a given when buying from Chanel.

Firstly, the lipgloss. The shade is almost clear, there is little colour to it even though in the tube it appears quite coral with hints of pink. Due to the colouring it means that it enhances my natural lip colour, there is a hint of pink amongst the shimmer and glitter. It has purple undertone, purely because of the shimmer which has an almost holographic quality. It looks natural and subtle just worn on its own, and adds a special quality when worn over the top of lipstick. Its not 'sticky' or unbearable on the lips, its almost unnoticeable, which is exactly what is desired from any lipgloss! It lasts for hours and even when the gloss wears off, the shimmer is left, so it takes a lot to fully remove this lipgloss.

The eyeshadow, was a spontaneous purchase. Its not ideally the colour I would usually opt for, being a neutral, brown eyeshadow kind of girl! I dont own anything remotely similar, and I did wonder how much use I would get out  of it. I have always been a fan of cream based eyeshadows, they're so easy to use and look incredibly natural. The Chanel Illusion De Ombres however are not incredibly easy to blend, it is almost impossible to use a brush with this product as the colour payoff is poor. It is easier to blend and apply with fingers, and then I find that the product blends more evenly and the pigment is richer. The product is strongly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Ebloui is a rich cranberry colour with a dark brown tone to it, there is also a subtle underlying gold shimmer. Typically with Chanel, every detail is thought of, and along with the Illusion De Ombres, you receive a tiny little eyeshadow brush, which if you already own eyeshadow brushes, is pretty useless. But, for those that don't have brushes, its an ideal offering. 

What do you think of these products?
are they worth the price tag?

6 comments:

  1. The eyeshadow is an absolutely beautiful colour :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Ebloui looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lip gloss it is such a pretty shade!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got some great stuff ! I love the lipgloss and Chanel :) I love your vanity that i see on your other post !! Would you like to follow each other dear :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lipgloss colour!
    Adding to my wishlist!
    (If only I could afford them all)


    http://freetobrd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete



If you have any further questions please email me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...