The Best Shampoo Ever?

Saturday, 14 September 2013


Its very rare that I rave solely about one product, however I couldn't resist sharing the miracle worker that is Lush's 'I Love Juicy' Shampoo. This is a product I have been familiar with for a few years now, however, I stopped using it as I couldn't justify spending around £10 a week on shampoo alone (as I end up using two of these little bottles!). But after a particularly bad hair week, I decided to re-purchase it to see if it could re-vitalise my hair. 

I discovered it whilst watching Ingrid from Miss Glamorazzi's 'Favourite Lush Products' video, where she mentioned that its a wonder product for anyone with oily hair. I have incredibly oily hair, and ever since the age of fourteen, I have washed it practically every day to try and rid the grease. (I am aware that washing it daily doesnt overly help the situation but I really cannot leave it any more than one day). So, when I heard that it would help keep your hair cleaner for longer, I was incredibly curious. I absolutely cannot recommend this product enough. Firstly it smells incredible, and the scent lingers in your hair all day, which is something I personally love. The scent is claimed to be 'Mango, Papaya, Kiwi and Pineapple', however my scent detection isnt that fantastic and to me it just smells fruity and musky, which is quite unusual. When I use I Love Juicy, I can leave my hair two days without washing it, which is quite a refreshing feeling. The oil seems to completely disappear from my hair, which is more than I can say for most dry shampoos that I try! 

As I said, my only gripe with this otherwise fantastic product is the price. I have always thought that Lush was a little ambitious with their prices, I understand that they offer premium, handmade, fresh products, but I don't understand how a 100g bottle of shampoo can cost 5.25?! Especially if I am using it frequently, it ends up costing around £10 a week, which is difficult to justify. Which is why, I only use this when my hair is feeling particularly in need of a 'pick me up', which is around once a week.

What do you think? Do you think its a little on the pricey side?

26 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, and I can imagine it smelling lovely! The price is a bit annoying though, I agree, but I think I'll give it a try anyway :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find Lush to be a little expensive too, it always puts me off trying their hair and skin products! This sounds really good though, i've heard quite a lot about it before too.

    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was going through my teens and had super oily hair, I swore by this shampoo, but the price tag is a little much ! AMAZING shampoo though :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have your problem too so will have to try this out! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its a tad pricy but seeing as what you say it can do, I will have to give it out a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always thought Lush products were expensive, but you do get what you pay for and if you use it sparingly its perfect.
    I have a friend with the same hair issue as you, and she uses baby powder in her roots each day to prevent greasiness.
    I also love using the garnier's detoxifying (Don't quote me there, I'm not entirely sure) shampoo once a week to really get my hair back to basics.
    Really helpful post! I love shampoos with scents that linger in your hair, so I must give this one a go! Thanks!

    Emily xx ⎜daisylocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried a few Lush shampoos and really liked them but I agree they're really expensive. This does sound worth the money though.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love lush products! this sounds fab will have to give it a go for sure!

    This Girl Loves Chic

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love love looove Lush!!! :D My favourite shampoo is Blousey (it does magical things to my hair!!XD)
    I just found your blog and am a new follower! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this! Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shampoo has always been on of the few Lush products I really don't mind splashing out for because it's so good. Saying that I don't use it as my go to and it's certainly more of a hair treat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hair is in need of a little TLC so I might have to splurge on a bottle this week!

    x

    http://rebelinthedetails.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this shampoo and what I do is buy the big bottle which makes it £3.35 per 100g rather than £5.25! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi!! i really love your blog. The layout is awesome and it is beautifully written.
    It would be awesome if you could check out my blog. Maybe we could follow each other? :)

    ~www.1000thingstodoinalifetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's on the pricey side for a shampoo but it does sound lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow definitely going to give this shampoo a try

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This shampoo sounds great and a lovely smelling shampoo is always good! The price does seem pretty pricey, particularly when you have long hair. I'm sure you'll be putting this on your Christmas list! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you very much. Your posting is very greet.
    The good news is that the G-Buss global business directory works with virtually any good or service.

    Travesti

    ReplyDelete



If you have any further questions please email me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...