Lily Lolo Mineral Cosmetics

Monday, 17 October 2011

I dont know about you, but I had never heard of this company before, until several people reccomended it to me on a previous post. I have always had oily skin, so finding the correct makeup to use can be a nightmare. I seem to have tried almost every foundation available, and I had finally settled with Dream Matte Mousse. However, I decided to give Lily Lolo a whirl, and here is what I thought.. 
 I went online a few weeks ago and purchased the Mineral Finishing Powder in Flawless Matte, Mineral Foundation in Warm Peach and a cute little sample pot of the Mineral Foundation in Popcorn, as I wasnt sure of my colour. The two larger pots cost £12.49 each, and the sample pot cost £1.29. Although £12.49 is more than I would like to spend on a foundation, if it works, I cant complain.

 When I first ordered the sample pot I thought it would be a truly minimal amount, enough for one application. So, I was amazed when the sample contained so much of the product. The reason I bought a sample was due to the fact that I wasnt sure of my colouring and before anyone gets any ideas, you can only add one sample pot to your order.

I have never tried Mineral makeup before, so I was really intrigued to see the difference. I find the powder quite difficult to apply, and feel I am loosing more than applying, but I do think there is a 'knack' to it, and I shall get the hang of it. Once applied it felt very light and natural on the skin, and left my skin feeling silky and soft. I just love it. Compared to the Dream Matte Mousse it is a miracle. My pores dont feel clogged, urgh, which is a feeling I can get from liquid foundations.



 I found there to be very little difference in the colouring between Warm Peach and Popcorn, I dont know whether that is just me? The larger pot of Mineral Foundation is even more difficult to use I find, as I can never seem to get any product out. Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong?

 When I first went onto the website, I had no intention of buying this product, The Mineral Finishing Powder. If I am going to be totally honest, I didnt really know what it was supposed to do. The reason it found its way into my virtual shopping bag is, that I read somewhere on the website (where I do not know, as I cannot find it now) about how people with oily skin should apply a finishing powder to their skin before applying the foundation, to stop the makeup from moving. I  know, its a grim thought, that your makeup slides around on your face. But, I decided to give it a go.
Again, I find it quite difficult to apply as I havent quite mastered the art of mineral makeup yet. Once applied, it isnt at all noticeable, in appearance or feel. It is a very thin powder and just applies simply after you have moisturised. Only you will know it is there, as you know you applied it because I doubt anyone else can tell. I do find it works and keeps my foundation in place, not that I was aware it moved. But I find it more reassuring than anything.

Have you ever heard of Lily Lolo? 
Do you own any of their products? What do you think of them?
Or, will you be purchasing any of their products?

38 comments:

  1. I don't know about that label but will try it out it looks great ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use Lily Lolo in popcorn about a year or so ago and I really liked it, but stopped using it because it's so messy and literally gets everywhere! I use Loreal True Match mineral powder now as I find it much easier and less messy to apply. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get on very well with mineral foundations either, but I do love lily lolo.
    I have the blusher & I bought a blending brush too which I'm really happy with :)

    Vx

    http://glitterbomb-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the name popcorn! XD it's so cute! Maybe i should get some of that Flawless Matte stuff, sounds good because i have a really oily nose and forehead : ( WOW! Gimme some of your followers! You have sooooo many! :O lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks amazing, I've never tried a mineral foundation!!


    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of Lily Lolo before, I'll have to give them a go. My foundation has decided that it no longer wants to be perfect but has started making me oily. Your blog's lovely by the way :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the name sounds familar but i've never come across any of their products. I like how simple and clean their packaging in and their name is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive seen their products before but never taken much interest for some unknown reason! might give some products a go now, sounds very promising!

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. :O Wow! You do your research!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i might try these products out xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! You have a lovely blog!
    Following xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. See?! I told you Lily Lolo has great stuff ;) Try tapping on the bottom of the container to get more minerals out, that should help. And be sure to swirl the minerals in the lid, it warms them up and makes it easier to apply. The Flawless Matte has kaolin in it, which is a clay known to absorb extra oil in the skin. Non-drying and can be bought for lovely facial masques!

    It also helps if you have brushes cut for minerals as they're cut differently to pick up minerals. Lily Lolo has some great ones or Eco Tools has a nice mineral brush set that is inexpensive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos look amazing! great job!

    xoxx,

    A

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great site, following :] Follow me back if you'd like, best wishes* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, cute simple packaging :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of them but I;e heard great things about mineral make-up generally. I've never tried it before though...
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've never heard of lily lolo before, but then again that's probably because it isn't available here? they do sound interesting, though. i will definitely go check it out now. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried a different mineral powder, but I personally find matte or liquid a lot easier to apply, so I'm sticking with it, haha.

    Also, thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://nicolejapan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I gave you an award, check out my blog :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stumbled onto your blog and it was a happy encounter. It is so pretty and so are you. Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. the packaging looks so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never heard of this brand darling but thank you for sharing and mineral make up is so much for the skin!! New follower of your blog lovely!

    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'd never heard of them until i saw my friend using one of their powders but tbh i'm always a little wary of buying foundation online because i never know what colour to go for - i didn't knew they did tester pots though! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, sounds promising! Never heard of it but I'll definitely remember the name:) Nice review, I love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. i mentioned lily lolo i a reply to your posts once :-). ive been using it about 2 years, i love it, its the only foundation ive found that matches my skin (im really pale so i use porcelain)i wasnt sure about it at first but i soon found out the right brush helps loads, you need one specifically made for mineral powders i use the retractable kabuki brush by ecotools (you can get them in boots and tesco as well as online,they are my fave brushes now,its handy to keep in your bag too)it applies perfectly now. i use translucent silk over the foundation with a big fluffy brush and i find it helps the make up stay and gives more of a natural skin finish. I have a concealor too but im not so keen on it, i mainly just need it for undereyes and i find it brings out the uneven texture that i have there so i use a liquid instead.

    Jo xx
    http://sehnsucht86.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice review :) I like mineral foundation. By the look of the nicely clear pictures it looks like a good product. But I have really sensitive skin and dunno about ordering make up online need to see what its like first via tester. Also I'll need to see if they did darker shades. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never heard of that brand but I'll check it out =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love Lily lolo! I like their mineral powder more than Bare Minerals!

    -Katherine

    www.byKatherineElizabeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. where in warks are you from? am from rugby xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've tried mineral foundations in the past and thought they were good, I think it was a Loreal one. I don't know why I went back to Rimmel liquid actually. I've been thinking about trying it again and now you have convinced me! I'll have a look at these products,they look really good. Thanks for the great review and introducing us to this brand. XxxX
    http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I ordered some stuff from their website near the end of last month and 3 of my purchases were samples so I don't know how you were only allowed one?

    I got 2 foundation samples and a sample of the translucent finishing powder in silk. I got them to see how they compared to bare minerals but as you set you lose more product than you put on with the sample sizes.

    I also got a full sized blondie mineral cover up, their concealer brush and their super powder brush. The brushes are really nice and soft and the cover up is good for setting creamy concealer but not so great on it's own.

    I would definitely recomend the brushes! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like the products you have here, but the bottom one is a little confusing.. your makeup slides around your skin? All I picture is a bunch of women running around looking like Picasso

    ReplyDelete



If you have any further questions please email me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...